Monday, January 5, 2009

My kitchen table

Photobucket

My 1953 dinette table was found at a yard sale. It originally belonged to a little old couple who raised four kids around it. I bought the shiny red table and six chairs for $75. The only problem was that at one point in the 60's the vinyl was reupholstered with a very tacky rose print.



Photobucket

But overall the table was rust free and in excellent condition! I was so in love with the table that I didn't even bother trying to haggle my way to a cheaper price from the little old man. I just bought it and brought it home! I then went right to work finding the red cracked ice vinyl that I needed to match the table top. The internet makes finding things so easy and in no time I was at work redoing the upholstery on the chairs. What a cute little table it turned out to be! One thing I am left to wonder about though....how the hell did they raise such a big family around such a little table??




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment