Friday, February 13, 2009

A Deluxe ER night....


I just spent 3 hours in the emergency room for something that wasn't really an emergency. I woke up Monday morning and could barely hear out of my right ear. I knew something was obviously wrong. I called my Dr's office at noon and was given an appointment for after work with the physicians assistant. I have the worst ears you could ever imagine. If there is one thing I hate about myself it would definitely be my sorry excuse for ears, nose, throat, and sinuses. I have had ear problems since I was young and to many surgeries to count. Years ago I had a perforated right ear drum and when I woke up Monday morning, the first thing I thought was that it happened again. When I saw the PA I told her what I thought was wrong. After checking my ears she said I had an ear infection and gave me antibiotics. I asked her if she was sure I didn't have a hole in my ear drum...she said I didn't. To make a long story short it's been four days and I still can't hear so, I called the dr's office back and they told me to take sudafed! That's it take sudafed! I took sudafed...it didn't make a difference what so ever. Then I called my stepmom who's a RN and she said, "don't mess around with your ears ...go into to the ER or Urgent Care to get seen right away. Then I called Mr. Riot and he said go to the ER! So, off I went to the ER which was extremely busy....and I waited..... and I waited some more....and some more.....and Mr. Riot called to check on me....then finally I saw the Dr who said,"did someone hit you??? because you have had trama to your ear drum and it's perforated!" Apparently they see this often with domestic violence patients. Okay so this is how shitty my ear drums are....they naturally explode all on their own while I'm sleeping! I am so calling back my Dr's office and give them a few choice words tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh take care! I take it eardrums heal on their own??? That would freak me out to say the least. Heal well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ear drums often times do heal on their own....sometimes it might require surgery to repair the hole.

    ReplyDelete