Friday, April 3, 2009

Dirt Farmer

Grass, grass, grass, grass, FLOWERS, grass, grass, grass.......guess which front yard is mine! Yup, I'm the one on the block always rebelling against the norm. Lets just say I caused a little bit of talk when I ripped up my little grass patch known as a front lawn a few years ago. What are you doing??? was the biggest question I got all summer! hehehehe I would catch the little old ladies walking by my house jaws dropped just staring at the dirt spot where the grass use to be! hahahaha It was awesome! I mean really, these people love to talk about me..... did you see what she was wearing today (they call me the 40's /50's girl/that vintage girl), who was that man she was with, why isn't she married, oh look she went to another auction wonder what crap she got now..... so why not give em something to talk about! Small towns are wonderful!










The man who lives across the street from me is my favorite neighbor on the block. When I first moved in years ago, I brought the my Mom aka "the Blonde Bombshell" over to see my place. As we are standing on the front porch, "TBB" sees my neighbor looking out his front door and freaks out! She's yelling at me to open the door, open the door!!! When we get inside I ask her what the deal is and she said the neighbor guy was scary looking. I look out the window and of course he's gone. Later that summer I'm out on the front porch ripping down the wooden frame around it and got to met the "scary" neighbor. At this point I have to point out that as a 20 something, I have brought home boyfriends to met my Mom that were way scarier so I wasn't sure what the hell she was talking about??? My neighbor who'll I'll call "Harley" is a little out of the ordinary, (yes, they talk about him too! lol) He's in his 70's, wears a bandana do rag, has a full beard, and tattoos on his arms, legs, and neck ( a butterfly on his neck!!!! hehehe really scary!!!) But, he's my kinda guy as he will see me working outside and bring me tools to use, he also takes me for rides on his motorcycle... this past December when I hurt my back so bad he gave me a call the day after it happened. Apparently he noticed me not being able to get out of my car the day before and when the mailman delivered my mail that day he noticed my keys were still hanging in my front door!! So the mailman went to "Harley's" house to tell him what was up with my keys in my door. I can't get away with anything in this neighborhood! Sometimes it's a good thing that everybody's always up in everyone elses's business.

7 comments:

  1. No grass means no mowing. Besides - your place is so inviting looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that's sweet that he's looking out for you like that! Your yard looks great!

    I live in a small town too. People live on streets that are named after their grandparents. It's still very strange to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right...no mowing...the big reason I got rid of my grass!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your place looks stunning. the most welcoming front in the street I'd say. You're fortunate to have such a good neighbour too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your yard! The flowers are just beautiful.

    You're lucky to have such a sweet neighbor. I bet he tells all his old buddies about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your front yard, all the pretty flowers. It's good to have a neighbour looking out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No mowing = smart girl! Just about the only thing I can keep growing is grass. Okay, grass and some weeds!

    ReplyDelete