Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mr Atomic meets Miss Deluxe



Mr Atomic and I met for the first time a few months ago. I've seen him around for years ...I mean since FOREVER...like since 1997 at all the rockabilly and swing shows. But we never talked cause I was always mooning over what ever guy I was with at the time. I remember Mr Atomic...He was the very tall greaser standing in the back with a drink in his hand....Mr. doesn't remember me. How can he not remember me???? So, I ran across Mr Atomic online and it wasn't long before he become a faithful DeluxeVille reader! What can I say, I have some wicked voodoo ways! For some reason Mr. Atomic thinks I'm the coolest thing since sliced bread and eventually he worked up the nerve to ask me out. Being the kind hearted, swell gal that I am, I said okay and that dear DeluxeVille readers is how this whole thing got started.

So, because I know you all come here for the eye candy, I give you Mr Atomic's Swanky Pad!


































Mr. Atomic kept saying how much we had in common.....but I didn't believe him until I walked into his house! The first thing I thought when I walked in was....He's so got to be gay! Then I thought...My purse is so small, I won't be able to steal anything! A few things I have discovered since my first visit to SwankVille, Mr. Atomic is not gay! HUZZAH!!! I don't need to steal anything, if I ask he will probably just give it to me. My fella sure is swell.

19 comments:

  1. Aw what a swell story, I see what you mean by the gay thing I've never seen such a clean kitchen in a man's house!!!! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! his place is awesome!!

    he is the second bachelor i have ever seen decorate swanky all by himself.

    i bought something on ebay from a guy in his 50's and asked if i could pick it up since he lived nearby. (he actually also wound up selling me my boomerang table.) oh my..his house was incredible! he had a whole heywake living room. he said his friends liked to come over and watch tv on his old tube in his spare room and that his place reminded them of their parents house when they were little. ha! mr atomic's pad is much more masculine. this guy's living room was aqua & pink!

    i'm so happy for you! finding someone who shares the same lifestyle as you is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh also him and i have the same color green walls and i would kill for his curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a match made in heaven! Swingin' pad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ain't love grand? And I dig that 63 Impala station wagon in the top photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling story, I'm so happy for you guys!

    His pad is too fantastic! Those gorgeous candy apple red kitchen chairs in particularly awesome!


    Have a stellar weekend, sweetie!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! Love the house! Nice to hear happy news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! you are so lucky to have found a man who shares a passion for retro!! the mr and i have such different decorating styles i think it's the only reason we ever argue a little bit! don't let him go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that is not the truck you're taking for the "road trip!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will say....it makes life so much easier when you are dating someone who gets who you are and enjoys the same things that you do!

    I'm a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome house, I think it's a match :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! beutifull house! Yes you match! You asked once something about having a couple who is interesetd in the same things as us, well...HERE you have the right one for u!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, very, very cool place! Retro and vintage to the max. I could hang out here all day. Thanks for sharing.

    Rupert

    ReplyDelete
  14. His house is awesome! And so clean! (And we have that same breadbox!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am drooling over his glorious kitchen!!! Those metal white cabinets, ooh la la!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those metal cabinets are IKEA...shhhhh don't tell!

    ReplyDelete