Monday, March 8, 2010

Ms. Desi De Lu Lu



I would like to introduce you to my favorite bus stop goddess ...... Ms. Desi De Lu Lu...... who I've known online for years though officially have never met in person. She has probably been there for all of my major bus accidents these last three years and has always helped me find my way back to the bus stop. Without her I would be $1100 dollars poorer! hahahaha But that's a bus story for a different day!

Here are two of my favorite lines that Ms Desi has typed to me over the years....

  • Being a bus stop goddess means having lots of choices about bus routes!
  • A bus stop goddess is never second fiddle in a man's life. PERIOD!
So, I thought it would be fun to ask Ms Desi to step up to the plate and write her thoughts about being a Bus Stop Goddess. And here is what she had to say.....

MISSING THE BUS

I believe there comes a time in every girls life when they ponder why they are waiting and waiting for the bus, desperately hoping that it appears in the next five to ten minutes, after all they have places to be and things to do! Who wants to be late? Not me!

You know what I mean, you wake up late, make a dash to to the bathroom nearly stepping on your cat in the way and throw any old clothes on to just make it out the door in time to see the bus turning the corner down your street...heading in the direction you want to go..but you missed it!

You get mad at yourself and wonder when, when it is going to happen for you, when is the day YOU will catch the bus, on time. Or, worse yet, in a desperate rush you get on the wrong bus! What a waste of time that was! (even though you learned to never ever get on that wrong bus again).

Well sometimes the bus driver isn't on your schedule yet, or maybe they had to find a new bus driver for the route. Whatever the reason, you just missed the bus. But that doesn't mean another bus driver wont be along shortly, or in due time.

I've gotten on board a few wrong buses in my time, in my haste I didn't see the sign that the bus was headed in the wrong direction! UGH! But that is ok, I pulled the string and dinged the bell, and got off as soon as I realized it was the wrong bus. There was a long period of time waiting for that dang right bus! In fact, I thought the bus would never show up! It made me mad, sad and I asked myself why I couldn't just get to the right bus stop to get that right bus right NOW! But it didn't work out that way.

So I decided that I wasn't gonna worry about that dang bus anymore.. I decided it was too much of a hassle, worry and just plain waste of time to be fretting about that bus.

The next morning I made a to do list. It only consisted of one item. That's right. Just one little sentence that consisted of six words. What I wrote was this:

WAKE UP, LOOK CUTE, LOVE MYSELF.

See, I had decided I couldn't do anything about that bus showing up on time, but I could do something about managing how I spent my time waiting for MY right bus. I got so busy doing things to spend the time waiting for that bus that I nearly missed the bus while I was busily and happily occupied sitting at the bus stop.

Lucky for me, the bus driver that day knew what he was looking for and when he spotted me through his windshield, happily sitting on that bench, looking cute and content, he knew I was the right passenger for HIS bus, and it turns out he was driving the right bus after all.

It took me two failed bus trips before I became a permanent passenger on the right bus, but it was worth the wait.

So for all you ladies who are still waiting for the RIGHT bus try starting your day tomorrow with the right checklist.

Wake up, look cute, love yourself.
xoxo
Desi
(Bus Stop Goddess)




See why I love this gal!! Above is a picture of Ms Desi and her bus!! I'm happy you finally found a good bus route Mrs. Desi!!! And thank you for sharing your wisdom with us all! Love ya Ms Desi!!!

xoxo,
MaryDeluxe


14 comments:

  1. You definatly have the right idea with the Bus Stop Goddess theory, i think i will have to start following Desi's checklist to...

    I have caught far too many wrong buses...

    I have always had a theory very similar but with shoes as the metaphor, perhaps i will have to write a blog about it...

    Love your blog MaryDeluxe, keep up the amazing work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your journey and thank you also for your loving tribute to all the times we kvetched about the epic crap that has unfolded in both of our lives. To me you are an inspiration...an example of grace and dignity under fire. I admire you for that!

    I know in my heart that the luckiest man on earth is about to become your bus driver, he's just in training right now for ya!

    Love you lots,
    Desi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This and the post that led up to it were both amazing and inspiring to me. I have known Desi for a little over four years now and I have always admired her wisdom and looked up to her like a sister.

    This Blog is wicked awesome also in all respects and I am so glad that Desi recommended it to me.

    I have in the past been the opposite of a Bus Stop Goddess, I was the girl that flung herself at the nearest bus and clung on as long as it would let her. Now I have a wonderful Bus and a rapidly improving route and am looking forward to seeing where it takes me.

    The best of luck to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd ridden a heck of a lot of buses before I got on the right one. Some of the rides were bumpy, some were smooth but there was nothing of interest to look at on those routes. A couple even crashed and I was honestly lucky to escape with my life! Then I hopped on a big shiny chrome bus one day, the one that stopped when I least expected it to, and that's the ride that's gonna go on forever. I'm one happy passenger these days. Great post, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you two gals should write a book. The Bus Stop Goddess post and this one are just terrific!

    In my youth, I was the girl who felt like I HAD to get on the bus, any ol' bus, because it was nice enough to stop and honk at me. The last time I did that was, well, the last time I did that. I've avoided public transit ever since.

    I don't sit at the bus stop anymore, preferring to walk to my destination and leave the buses for the other Goddesses. To be honest, it's been so long I'm not sure I still know how to read the route maps! LOL

    I think I could get on a bus again, but right now I still have some walking to do! In the meantime, I'm going to Wake Up, Look Cute and Love Myself! (This should be on Tshirts and coffee mugs everywhere, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best advice I've ever heard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "WAKE UP, LOOK CUTE, LOVE MYSELF." Wow! That is the BEST affirmation ever. I've managed to snag myself a permanent bus/driver, but that phrase will help me so much in other areas of my life. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the best advice on finding a bus I have ever heard!
    I am lucky enough to be riding the right bus and I know how hard it can be when you're trying desperatly to find it.

    Thank you ladies!
    Let's spread the word!

    Lisa
    Butterflies and Daisys Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  11. even though we are not friends I have seen her around in cyberspace for YEARS!!!!!! Im still waitng for the right bus :(


    don't worry it will come!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great article, love it. WAKE UP, LOOK CUTE, AND LOVE MYSELF, I had already stop looking for my bus, but I think you get me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great to do list! Does she hava blog? she needs one!

    ReplyDelete