Saturday, April 3, 2010

New Project....Sneak Peak 2

Sneak Peak 2
Can you figure out what I'm working on now??? I bet you can! I've been wanting to create an atomic mailbox for DeluxeVille for a few years now...this has been a fun project so far. I still have a few atomic wood pieces to cut out yet but I did get paint colors done today on the pieces I have cut out and sanded. I also ripped down my current mailbox after the mail came and gave it a fresh new coat of paint. I am trying to recycle as many things as I can to do this project. The template laying on the mailbox, will get cut out tomorrow and I think I'll be painting it black. Hopefully all will go smoothly and the mailbox will be up Monday so that I can receive my mail! Geeee, I wonder what the postman will be thinking??? Or better yet, my neighbors!! hahahaha Lucky I don't live in one of those evil neighborhoods where they tell you what colors you're allowed to paint your house and measure how tall your front lawn is! I would so be the home owners associations worst nightmare. hahaha Fun times at DeluxeVille!


9 comments:

  1. so cute! i remember you posting that mailbox that one time so i kinda thought this was it, but it looked different. your's is way cooler! love it and the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! You have a seriously good memory! What have you been up to??? How's the house? Hope all is well!

    MaryD

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to see it hung up on your house! you are so crafty!

    oh not much going on around here...i have been having a lot of problems with my low income neighbors who rent and the condo board is not evicting them so i am going to sell my place..which stinks cause i put so much work into it!

    BUT i have big plans...i'm looking to buy some property and built a "katrina cottage" have you seen them? they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool and so imaginative! I love the colors. Pee Wee would be proud over at the Playhouse! And I mean that as a compliment! It's so mod and cheery! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this looks amazing! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is such an amazing project, I love it! An inspiration :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Are you glueing the pieces together?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, all of my favorite vintage colors in one! I would totally do something just like that, cause I am obsessed with boomerangs and retro shapes! HAPPY EASTER!

    ReplyDelete