Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Junkin Day

Tuesday = Junk Day!!!!



I finally got over to my favorite auction place to do a little junkin and was completely SHOCKED at the crazy large crowd! I've never seen it so packed with people! Lots of Amish, Mennonites, and regular old folks. I guess my secret auction haunt is not a secret anymore.


All lined up at the hitchin posts.....


I made friends with a horse....this guy decided to back his wagon into the road so I felt the need to save him. I named him Fred. :0 Yes, I live in Amish country....best place in the world if you like farms...which I do!

Things I found in the junk piles.... but didn't buy....because I forgot my checkbook! I'm a LAME-O.


Awesome kitchen table missing the chairs


Box of old Christmas lights and a huge box of old jewelry!


50's portable hair dryer


a box of 50's magazines...lots of Look and Police Gazette


Look at those lamps!!!! Missing shades but good condition.


An atomic 50's glass shade!

I did have $10 on me and bought a box lot for a cute wicker purse with lucite accents and handle! I also got a bunch of other things I will never use in that dang box. All I wanted was the purse! Can anyone say yard sale? Oh wait, I don't have a front yard anymore...hahaha street sale!


24 comments:

  1. oooh nice finds.
    http://doradadama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, great purse! That place looks like so much fun! My grandma has a house in the country and those auctions in the middle of nowhere always have the best stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw these pics, I wanted to jump through the computer and zap myself there! That table and those lamps are KILLER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Amish country? That's pretty awesome. And that auction looks like heaven. I wish we had stuff like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute purse. Would have loved to dive into that old jewlery box. My refurbished jewels have taken a backseat because I can't find anything good. That table was awesome. What a fun way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that purse is so cute

    i wish we had sales that good around here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take those change purses!! (future giveaway, maybe?? hint hint)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That place looks amazing. Great purse. I have no idea if we have anything like that here but I'm fairly certain we don't.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wicker is fantastic. I love junk day, not every time but it really possible to made the best deal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I wish they would sell such pretty things here in Holland! We only have old heavy wooden furniture and 70s stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you guys have the BEST stuff over there! I can't believe you got all that for just $10, I'm quite envious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GEEZ LOUISE! AMISH COUNTRY?!?!?! (Interrobang indeed!)

    Okay... now you've got my attention. Are you anywhere near Lancaster? Intercourse (not the verb)? I have family out there. oooooo my goodness! Cripes!!!!

    I've got a hankering for junking. I just now need the coins to do so. Lucky girl!! Lucky lucky lucky!

    Suh-weet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup Darlene, I live in Lancaster county! I'm familiar with the town of Intercourse....you have to go past the town of blue ball to get there...hahaha those crazy Pa Dutch people!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yard Sale ...or...blog giveaway? eh eh eh?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the wicker purse! I have a white wicker one with felt poodles on it that I just adore. Girl, your music choices are FAB! All the 80s stuff brings me right back to high school. I was totally obsessed with Yaz. Remember 'Only You' - if I had a dollar for every time I listened to that song! Can't forget Joy Division too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to go to an auction place like that, it looks so cool! And what a great purse too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, you are IN LANCASTER?! Lucky girl- I love the open air markets there. And the FOOD, oy vey!

    LOL @ Blue Ball, oh snap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. AHHH I would have bought that table the second I saw it!! I have been scouring for weeks now for a awsome vintage table!
    That place looks great I am planning on going to a auction in my city in the next couple weeks. I haven't been there since I was a kid and would go with my Father. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool table! Where is this auction house? I live not too far from Lancaster in Chester County. I go up there every now and then. It would be great to have some new places to check out.
    Love your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All this to look at and Yaz to boot! Hey, that was the music they played in the bars/disco, last time I went out! LOL-Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is my next holiday destination!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm envious! Driving up Rout One in Maine there's some amazing dirt malls with some really terrific finds - and people that just don't know what things are worth ;) I just can't wait til I have the time to do a trip this summer.

    ReplyDelete