Saturday, September 3, 2011

Grand Slam Frocks of 1934

grand slam frocks of 1934

Grand Slam Frocks of 1934! Found at the local Bon-Ton Dept. Store York, PA. $1.69 each and unbeatable price with 12 models to choose from. I love the colors, the patterns, and the fact that the ladies are pictured on playing cards. Pretty cute advertising for 1934!

IMG_6512

IMG_6519

IMG_6509

IMG_6510

Which one is your favorite? I'm partial to the Ace of diamonds and the King of diamonds myself. I guess bows were a big thing in 1934?

10 comments:

  1. I too like the King of Diamonds but the Ace of Clubs with its upside down bow is my favourite. I'm a sucker for the giant bows of the 30s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Ace of Diamonds and the Ace of Clubs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to pick the same ones- the bows and cut outs seem really fussy to me. Pretty to look at, but less so to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ace of Clubs and Queen of Hearts...love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of your shoes on the side bar make me swoon. My mother had a pair of velveteen maybe pumps that I would have killed to wear. A wine velveteen dress that I've always been a bit too big to wear also. (it would have looked fabulous on you)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I went to click on the photos to see them full-sized, but apparently you've made them private on Flickr.

    ReplyDelete