Tuesday, March 20, 2012

DIY In The Middle of The Stairway Project

It's been awhile since I've done a DIY project before and after so, I thought I would give a peak at what I'm in the middle of right now.

Here's a few before....

It started out looking like this. This of course is after the carpet was ripped off the steps and the renovation was done in the bedroom. We kinda neglected to finish the stairway. Does anybody else lose steam on a project like this after the big stuff is done? It's like..heck, I can live a year or two without putting up the trim! hahaha Yup that's us too!

IMG_7006
The neglected stairway!

IMG_7073
Painted top stairway walls....

In October I was like....Screw this, I'm painting the stairway walls. Yeah go me. Then after a few more months, I was like screw this, I'm painting the wood walls white. Sgt was like, Wow, it's so white and bright! hehehe I got his ok before I did the painting, he just wasn't expecting it to be so white? hahaha Oh, I guess it was also so bright because I went and painted the ratty old steps white too. So, yeah it was white! So to help it not be so white, I painted the step tops black. I still have one more fun painting trick up my sleeve for the steps but I'm keeping that a secret so I won't scare Sgt!

Here's a few pics of what I'm in the middle of right now!

IMG_8308

IMG_8312

IMG_8316
The steps coming into the kitchen...guess what room is next on the project list?

I'm still planning on adding this color to the steps! I love this color, it makes me happy :) I love how turquoise and black look together! The color is called Senergy from Sherwin Williams. Now is a good time for a painting project, as Sherwin William is having a sale!

MPC00027605-2

I'm hoping to be finished with the stairway project within the next two weeks if not sooner! I've got a chicken coop project to jump into next!

Cheers,
~MaryDeluxe

13 comments:

  1. The white looks really good with the blue. It's bright and happy like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wood looks a million times better painted white! I love the black on the tops of the steps too. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at projects other people are on with, it looks great! I'm usually not keen on wood painted white but that looks so fresh and much better. One of my favourite colours is turquoise I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking great ;-) I love the blue and black together. I enjoy looking at peoples projects to. I only finished my hallway last month its a gorgeous 60's raspberry and i have waited for 4 years i run out of steam to and then i met Mr J who is painter and decorater ;-)) So happy days. Look forward to seeing yours finished. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! What is that painting hanging there... looks interesting... and I am loving the fabric on those curtains!!

    Happy Spring!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful! I have a toilet and a kitchen that are in desperate need of a make over... and somehow I'm too lazy to get started on it. I think you might have just about inspired me now though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fantastic! I love how a few coats of paint can make a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huzzah for mid-way done projects! AKA the Life story of the Casablanca haha I simply ANNOT WAIT to see what you guys do with the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that looks great.
    Sometimes you just need to say "screw this" and just Do It.
    :-)
    Good luck with the chicken coop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I already like the look, and I can't wait to see the result when it's all done.
    Any chance the chicken coop is going to look just as swanky?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that color is very pretty.I love turqoise walls too.The stair way looks great.Can't wait to see it all finished.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking good!All my projects for the home are on stand still due to lack of funds its driving me nuts so I'll live vicariously through you being able to get things done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love natural wood, but there can be too much of a good thing. (As I'm sure you know--I remember pictures of your first house when you bought it.) Big improvement!

    ReplyDelete