Friday, July 14, 2017

What's in Yankee Dave's Garage: 1955 Pontiac

Untitled

My fella just built a huge pole barn on the property this past Winter and has been spending the Spring gathering together all of his precious collections that have been being stored in various buildings at his parent's home. So far this past Spring, he's been coming home with truck loads of various old car parts and pieces for this and that build project he plans to do someday. So, I didn't think much of it when he took off one Saturday with the car trailer telling me he was off to pick up another car....this one being the 1955 Pontiac he bought when he was 16 and had been in storage and not running since 1998. Alrighty then, I thought, another rusty project car to add to the rusty car project list!

068
(some of the rusty projects)

So, just imagine my surprise when he pulls into the driveway hauling this...

Untitled

HEY! Wait a minute here...he's been holding out on me...why it's not rusty at all!  It's BEAUTIFUL!  

Untitled

And it runs!  Now it doesn't have any breaks, needs some new upholstery and tires, but all that is relatively minor and I guess I'll be learning about breaks if I want to drive it!

Untitled

Not at all bad for sitting in a barn since 1998!  Hmmm, I wonder what he'll be bringing home next?

Beep, Beep!
~MaryDeluxe

9 comments:

  1. WOW. That is one absolutely gorgeous car!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful car! And the rest of the hoard in the barn made me gasp! I think that's enough hobby projects for the next five decades?! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have one of these on our streets! So nice to see a little bit more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And just your colour too!!!! Meant to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I have not stopped by in a while , I love everything you have posted! His cars are amazing!

    ReplyDelete