Saturday, July 29, 2017

A Good Year for HeyWake

2017 has been an awesome year so far for my obsession with Heywood Wakefield furniture! I however, have not made any of these scores from estate sales or public auctions like I use to. Surprisingly, I have gotten some great deals using sites like Facebook Market Place, Craigslist, and even Ebay! And as always, I love, love, love my little red truck Ruby!

Untitled

Back in February Yankee Dave ran across an ad on Facebook Market Place that someone was selling retro 1950's bedroom furniture.  This was probably my 2nd best deal ever on a complete set of Hey-Wake furniture...the first being this one...Hey-Wake Auction Find.

Untitled

We bought this 5 piece set of Hey-Wake from a young woman who was no longer living at home with her parents any longer and wanted to sell the set in her old room at her parent's house.  The set belonged to a great Aunt or someone of that nature who had bought it in the 1950's.  

Untitled

The pieces are in beautiful condition and we are thrilled to add these pieces to our growing collection! The set also included a night stand, large his and her dresser, and a head board.

Untitled

I've been looking for a wishbone/whalebone table for some time now and was able to find one on Ebay that was local for a good deal in June!  It came with two stingray chairs and 4 dogbone chairs.  It's smaller in size and the perfect fit for our little dining room.

Untitled

Happy hunting!

~MaryDeluxe





No comments:

Post a Comment